• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Quality in Develop Module

New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an issue with image quality in the Develop Module.  When I select an image it is displayed correctly, nice and sharp.  But after about 1 second it switches to a lower resolution version, which is slightly blurry, making it difficult to edit accurately.  If I switch to the Library module the image is displayed correctly, nice and sharp again!  Do I need to change some settings?  Does my pc need some more RAM??  I'm using Windows 10.  Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

Jamin.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Try unchecking 'Use Graphics Processor in Preferences> Performance panel. If that doesn't help use the Creative Cloud to uninstall LR, reboot your system, and then reinstall LR 7.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be a corrupt monitor profile. First, please check that as described here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

In case your Windows was just updated to the latest 1803, did you re-calibrate your monitor after that?

What is your exact (numbers, not latest or alike) version of LR?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  I followed the steps in the link you provided (re monitor profile) but this didn't fix the problem

I have to admit I have never calibrated my monitor, but I have considered it and have a fairly good idea of what to buy and how to go about it.  Do you think this would fix the problem??

I am using LR Classic 10.3.1

Thanks for helping out.  These kinds of problems annoy the sh*t out of me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the original files online, no '!' on the images while in library grid view?

Did you apply default develop settings upon import?

What is the source and format of the photos?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original files are on a hdd in my pc.  No files are stored in the cloud.

There isn't a '!' next to any of the files in library grid view.

I have noticed that this has only started happening recently (within the past few weeks) and the problem occurs within all catalogues (eg the catalogue for photos taken with my Canon 7D, the catalogue for photos taken with my iPhone etc.)

The only develop setting I apply on import is 'Lens Corrections'.

I import and render 1:1 previews.

One other thing, when I'm in the develop module viewing an image, if I press 'f' and view the image full-screen, it displays correctly.  No blurriness, just the correct resolution nice and sharp.  But when I exit full-screen and go back to my normal, smaller viewing size the image looks ok for almost a full second then reverts to the lower resolution version.

I must have a setting wrong somewhere, or possibly my pc isn't fast enough to handle developing the images in their native resolution?  (Core i5 4690, 3.5GHz, 8GB DDR3 ram).  Graphics card:  NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti - I just updated the drivers to no avail...

The source of the photos is all cameras, but in this particular case a Canon 7D.  Format is RAW but it also happens with JPEGS from my iPhone.

It's a tricky one but it's not a big deal.  I can still view the images correctly in the Library module and at full-screen size within the Develop module so I can manage.  I'm not a professional photographer so it's not going to interrupt my workflow too much.  Thanks for your help so far.  If we can't come up with a solution I'm not too worried   Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking 'Use Graphics Processor in Preferences> Performance panel. If that doesn't help use the Creative Cloud to uninstall LR, reboot your system, and then reinstall LR 7.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable.  That actually worked.  I was able to watch realtime the image quality change as I unchecked and then checked the 'Use Graphics Processor' box.  For some reason the image quality was WORSE when this box was checked.  Surely using the graphics card would result in better performance???  Apparently not   Thanks so much Todd for your help !!!    Thanks also to F.Mclion for getting me started!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This indicates a driver or driver setting compatibility issue. You may be able to fix this by performing a 'Clean' reinstall of the latest Nvidia GTX 750 Ti graphics driver. The latest certified version is 3.97.93 released May 24, 2018. I suggest reviewing the below steps before performing the uninstall/reinstall operation.

1) Download and save the latest Nvidia driver: Drivers | GeForce

2) Uninstall the current Nvidia graphics driver as outlined at the below link. If a prompt appears asking whether you want to delete all of the saved nView profiles select 'Yes.'

Uninstall Graphics Drivers

2) You're system should now be using the Windows VGA driver. If not repeat step #2 until all Nivida drivers are removed.

3) Next install the latest version Nvida driver you downloaded and perform a 'Clean Install' by checking 'Install Options' Custom and not Express. In the next screen select the 'Perform Clean Install' option. (See below screen shots)

4) After completion do NOT change any Nvidia graphics driver settings. Launch LR and try using it with 'Use Graphics Processor' checked.

Good luck!

Nvidia Install Options Menu

Clean Install Screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks for such a comprehensive run-down of the process This is much appreciated and I will definitely give it a go over the next day or two.  I bought the graphics card specifically to speed up processing in LR so it would be great if I could get it to work again!  I'll post back here again when I've finished the steps you listed.  Cheers, Jamin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nup, no luck   Uninstalled/reinstalled drivers and then LR but no change.  Not to worry at least I have a temporary fix.  It may sort itself out in the future with further updates of LR, graphics drivers etc.  Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines