• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to nudge the guided upright guides by a pixel or two or three?

LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1

I am using the Guided Upright tool, I can draw the four lines and it does a good job of improving the image alignment.

But sometimes, I want to nudge the guide by a small number of pixels, but if I use the mouse there's really no way to achieve this fine level of control. Is there a way to nudge the guides by a pixel or two or three?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Camera Raw you can slow down the movement of the guides by holding the alt-key, if I’m not mistaken. Lightroom does not have that feature unfortunately.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holding the Alt key does slows down the guide movement with LR 7.3.1 on my Windows 7 system. Not sure you can actually move it a few pixels, but it provides finer adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac I do not see a real difference.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my LR 7.3.1 / MacOS 10.13.4, I've observed the following:

Holding Opt when first placing a control point makes a small but not that useful difference, at least for me.

However, after placing the control point and releasing the mouse button, holding Opt while subsequently adjusting the control point makes a big difference.  A couple of screenshots indicates a factor of about 7.5 -- e.g. moving the mouse 75 pixels moves the control point 10 pixels.

Also, adjusting the control point while zoomed in 1:1 or 2:1 makes it much smoother too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John, I will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adjusting the control point while zoomed in 1:1 or 2:1 makes it much smoother too.

..and if you zoom in to 4:1 or 8:1 it's straightforward to place the control point on an exact pixel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines