Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

computer specs (Windows or Mac)?

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Currently using Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign) for print materials (like brochure, catalogs, etc).

i am intending to change a new computer as the current one is super slow now with opening .ai files.

(Specs of current PC: Intel(R) Core, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 64-bit OS / Windows 7 Pro, NVIDIA GeForce GT 620)

Considering either of the following:

- iMac

(Quad-core 7th Gen Intel Core i7 / 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 / 2TB Fusion Drive / Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB video memory)

- Dell XPS Tower 8930

(8th Gen Intel Core i7-8700K / 16GB DDR4 2666MHz / 512GB M.2 SSD + 2TB 7200rpm Hard Drive / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X Graphics Memory)

Needed very much advice on which will perform better, smoother for the creative cloud software?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Here are the system requirements:

Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

I always buy the maximum memory available for my computer and would go higher than 16.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the system requirements:

Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

I always buy the maximum memory available for my computer and would go higher than 16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i saw the system requirements but was thinking which of the computer specs that i am considering would be the better one for the CC softwares that i am using.

actually, really if Mac is better or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

angelyny4909278  wrote

actually, really if Mac is better or Windows?

Oh, Angelyny, you don't realize it, but you just opened up a huge can of worms!

I used both, but only use Windows when I have to. I love Macs and will of course tell you, “Once you go Mac, you'll never go back.”

Others will just as passionately tell you the opposite. And really, both systems are fine for Creative Cloud.

Your license allows two activations for a single user, so you can put one on Mac and one on Windows if you'd like!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi jane-e

thanks a lot for the comments, it's really helpful and assuring!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Angel. I use (and teach) Creative Cloud on Mac and Windows. Really, it runs well on both, although either can do an operating system update that will foul things up for a short time.

There is an active Mac vs. Window discussion going on in the Lounge if you want to see what people are saying there:

Mac Pro vs. pc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey jane-e

Cool!

Thanks a lot for directing me to the lounge coz' new in this forum and there's just too much threads in the forum.

Had been using Windows but find it the PC going too slow already. Wanted a mac but due to limitation, is persuaded to go for Windows again, hence just want to make sure it really works well with CC based on the specs shortlisted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Lounge is for any type of discussion — but not technical help. There are some fun threads there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines