• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make Responsive Resolution in Adobe Flash CS6 or AS3?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have project make an android application for education, i use software Adobe Flash CS6.  I wanna ask to anybody who can help me or understand about as3 especially about responsive resolution. I use resolution 800 x 480 px in my project, when i publish the project and i try in my handphone which have screen 5.0 inch the application not fullscreen but there are space in right and left.

Does the application need a script or any other settings when publish? What script i should used for responsive resolution?

I hope anybody can help me

Thank youuu

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have 4 choices for fullscreen.  check the stagescalemode class for them in a more readable format:

EXACT_FIT : String = "exactFit"

[static] Specifies that the entire application be visible in the specified area without trying to preserve the original aspect ratio.

StageScaleMode
NO_BORDER : String = "noBorder"

[static] Specifies that the entire application fill the specified area, without distortion but possibly with some cropping, while maintaining the original aspect ratio of the application.

StageScaleMode
NO_SCALE : String = "noScale"

[static] Specifies that the size of the application be fixed, so that it remains unchanged even as the size of the player window changes.

StageScaleMode
SHOW_ALL : String = "showAll"

[static] Specifies that the entire application be visible in the specified area without distortion while maintaining the original aspect ratio of the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've try to put the script in my project but in fact it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

show the code you used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry, the code that i use to my project has been delete by me, because i give up

Maybe next time if i have trouble with script AS3, i can ask to you by personal message or create new discussion

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest one to use to solve your problem is show all, and that happens to be the default. You see black borders because you have no content there. So, don't do any code changes, just add extra background to the left and right of the stage.

Assuming that it's a landscape app, and your native stage is 800x480, and you want to support the S8 phone which is extra wide, put in enough extra background to cover at least say 1024 width. Your stage would still be 800x480, but your background would be 1024x480.

Now, if you want the same app to work on iPad, or any Android that is 4:3, you would want to have extra background above and below the stage. That would be 600 pixels of height.

In other words, have a stage of 800x480, and a background of 1024x600, and you're good to go for everything from S8 to iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but i've try and it's not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've tried to do this but my apps still have black space at the top and bottom (tested in 18:9 android). The stage currently was 1080x1920, i've set full screen in publish setting, and i've tried several times to change it to flash cs6 default until 1080x2160 but nothing has changed. Then i put bigger background as you said and nothing has changed.

It is work in 16:9 android there's no problem, but how can i solve this for 18:9 to get rid those black space?

I'm newbie, so if u want to help me especially with some script, i really hope u give me the full script or clear explanation because i'm so dizzy, been googling about this 2 days and got nothing✌️

--sorry for bad english, hope u understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check to see if your phone is allowing your app to be full screen:

https://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-force-full-screen-apps-scaling-on-galaxy-s8/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines