Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing edits...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Recently I changed my PayPal details which led to my subscription to LR expiring. As this happened I lost of all the edits to my RAW files.

The subscription issue is now sorted but I still don't have my edits. I've tried opening catalogues from the last two months (I back up automatically on exiting) from windows/user/user/pictures/lightroom/backups but none of them are showing any changes to my RAW files. Before the subscription expired everything was working fine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I've had a peak through the forums but can't find an answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you click:

File >> Open Recent

Are there any other catalogs to choose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Only the other catalogues I've tried to open to correct the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I changed my PayPal details which led to my subscription to LR expiring. As this happened I lost of all the edits to my RAW files.

One does not cause the other to happen.

Perhaps you did something else at this time? Did you import the photos into a new catalog or import the photos into an existing catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nothing. I keep all my photos on a Seagate hard drive but haven't moved them, changed them, renamed them or anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the history in the Develop Module now empty (except for one row that indicates Import)?

Can you show us a screen capture of the History Panel in the Develop Module for one of these photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hang on... problem solved thanks to dj_paige...

I think I'd become convinced the problem was due to the lapsed subscription or catalogue but like you said one doesn't lead to the other so I thought I'd try something obvious.

Right clicking on the folder in library and then telling LR where the root photo folder was has done the trick. I've no idea why it had forgotten where they were but it seems it needed a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks for the help guys. I love LR but sometimes it's infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines