• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ram error message elements 14 in Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running elements 14 in windows 10 with no problems for quite some time. A few days there was a huge update in Windows 10 and since then I can open elements and pictures also but, any tool I try to use or even save the file I get an error message I do not have enough memory (RAM). Checking my memory I am only using a very small fraction of the 4GB available. What can I do to fix this problem. I did uninstall and reinstall elements 14 but still have the same problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I run regedut.exe I can get to the file but when I click on, H_Key_Current User, nothing populates below that so I am stuck in limbo again!

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to expand/open the HKEY_CURRENT_USER key by either double-clicking on the words, or by single-left-clicking the little > symbol at the left:

Continue to do the same for Software, Adobe, Photoshop Elements, until you see the list of versions under Photoshop Elements, then single-click on the one of those versions that matches the PSE version you're using and you'll see the data populate at the right where you need to create a new DWORD-32 value as per the instructions, either mine, Adobe's, or any number of other people's instructions that are all telling you to do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and in that drop down Adobe is not listed so of course neither is photoshop

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

charlesc47355009  wrote

I did that and in that drop down Adobe is not listed so of course neither is photoshop

Charlie

Registry-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

charlesc47355009  wrote

I have been running elements 14 in windows 10 with no problems for quite some time. A few days there was a huge update in Windows 10 and since then I can open elements and pictures also but, any tool I try to use or even save the file I get an error message I do not have enough memory (RAM). Checking my memory I am only using a very small fraction of the 4GB available. What can I do to fix this problem. I did uninstall and reinstall elements 14 but still have the same problem.

Many posts everyday about the same memory problem.

Error: An integer between 50 and 8 is required | Elements | Windows 10

Have a look at the other discussions. The solution to edit the registry does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I rang Adobe technical help line. Not very helpful. I think its a software problem. I also installed and reinstalled few times but matter not resolved. I don't think  Adobe helpline have got the answer. They have created this problem by updating it. THey are dragging their feet to a good answer. I am worried if the same problem will haunt me if I go for PSE20 next year. Has someone in Adobe photoshop element department got any answer. I would love to know. Mr Issak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi charlesc,

Thanks for posting in Adobe Forums.

It seems you are facing performance issue with Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Please read & follow this article .

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is way past my ability to do

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, these can be a serious issue it may damage your system as well as your important data that can be stored in your hard disk it may be due to a virus or other unwanted program issues. forgetting a reliable solution you can visit at Windows Technical Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonnyjain  wrote

Hi, these can be a serious issue it may damage your system as well as your important data that can be stored in your hard disk it may be due to a virus or other unwanted program issues. forgetting a reliable solution you can visit at Windows Technical Support

You are a bit late.

You should know that after the disastrous (1803) build update, a few Elements users did get help from Micorosoft: they were helped to go back to the previous Win 10 version. That's something you can't do yourself. Microsoft does not allow you to go back. All more recent testimonies of people asking help from Microsoft were negative. Did you get really helped yourself? How?

Since the Microsoft bug has hit thousands of users and created hundreds of discussions in this forum, the workaround given by that time has been tested by thousands of users, nearly always successfully and with no catastrophe.

Error: An integer between 50 and 8 is required | Elements | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines