Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using the slip tool without the mouse

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have searched and looked through so many tutorials online, but haven't found an answer to this:

Is it possible to use the slip tool (and/or slide tool) without having to drag the tool over the clip with the mouse? I would really like to know if I can do this by using a keyboard shortcut only and preferably while scrubbing audio at the same time. This is a feature in Avid that has existed since the early 90s and it was even possible to do it in the old FCP7 , by selecting a clip, going into slip mode and adjusting the in and out points by using the trim keys, so I don't understand why I am not able to do it in PP.  Is there an extra step that I am missing?

Hope someone has an answer.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Hi,

A bit dated, but I hope this article answers some questions: Slipping and Sliding in Trim mode in Premiere Pro CS6

I don't think you can do it without mouse selection of some kind.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the Keyboard shortcut window and type in Slip you will find several shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know where to find the shortcut for the slip tool itself, I lnow how to use it too, I just can’t figure out how to make use of it without the mouse. I’d like to be able to use this feature more precisely, finetuning the in and out points within a clip, forward and backward one frame or several frames at a time, while scrubbing audio and using the keyboard only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you turn on Selection follows Playhead, the clip will be automaticly selected when scrubbing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appriciate your answer, but again that wasn’t my question. I know how to scrub while trimming, the slip tool however does something different. It rolls the footage inside the clip without changing its length or position in the timeline. How can I roll while scrubbing and more importantly without dragging the slip tool over the selected clip with the mouse? It’s both hard on my wrist and also very inefficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A bit dated, but I hope this article answers some questions: Slipping and Sliding in Trim mode in Premiere Pro CS6

I don't think you can do it without mouse selection of some kind.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This is very close. It won’t allow you to see in and out points in the plit screen in the viewer, like you get while using the mouse and the slip tool though. Wiish there was a more efficient way. But this is definitely helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place your full feature request on the user voice site and I will help advocate for your request: Premiere Pro: Hot (1241 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

All the best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will. Thabks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines