• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

eReader not authorized to open this book

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download a book from my public library I can open it in digital editions 4.5 but when I transfer it to my device (kobo) and try to open it on the kobo it says "This book is protected by DRM. Because you previously deauthorized your eReader, you need to re-import the book using Adobe Digital Editions." I tried erasing authorization and setting git up again but it still won't work. Erased and downloaded a new edition of ADE, that didn't work either. Tried different books and libraries but still have problem. Called kobo and after troubleshooting with them they say it as ADE problem. Please please please help! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

This thread is old but incase anyone is suffering from the same problem here in January 2023. I have finally figured out a hack to get my Kobo to work.

For the record, I have tried everything: De/Re Authorizing, deleting books, overdrive account vs adobe account, etc. I couldn't use ADE V3 as my Mac is running 64 bit and it's not supported. I thought I was hooped until I came across this in my hours of searching:

1. Download another random book. One you HAVE NOT had on hold (this is important becau

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 323 Replies 323
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. I have tried solutions offered online but nothing works. Please HELP ME TOO!

It worked perfectly before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support [link to user removed] if the community cannot answer this problem, will you help solve it? I cannot use my Kobo device in the way I bought it for without this problem being solved. Thanks!!

<a href="/adobe-users/3725774">AdobeSupport</a>​

Note from moderator: This user is not Adobe Support. If they sent you a PM saying they were, then they are a spammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I've erased my computer authorization for ADE, re-installed ADE, reset my kobo. Nothing is working. It is becoming very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, very frustrating! Also tried erasing computer's authorization but that didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issues. I have tried  a Mac and windows device. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, reset the kobo, authorized, unauthorized etc etc etc. I can get the book on to the KOBO and then nothing - it worked for a long time and now I can't get a book. I even upgraded to a newer kindle today and nothing. Is there anyone to contact rather than this community forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your local library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a librarian who frequently troubleshoots ereader issues with patrons... I don't know either! Lol! I've been having this issue too on my Kobo for months. I had followed these instructions a couple times and it worked, but even this has stopped working now: https://community.adobe.com/t5/digital-editions-discussions/kobo-won-t-open-library-book-because-ere...

Next I'm going to try downloading an older version of ADE and we'll see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just resolved my issue! I tried all the same things as you, spoke to Kobo for ages and nothing there helped, and tried reauthorizing my kobo, redownloading adobe digital editions etc but no luck anywhere.  Finally I erased my computer's authorization... this does mean I lost all access to the current library books in my library, but I then authorized it (with overdrive as my new ID) and every book I've downloaded since I've had no problem with reading. Hope this helps you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks cuppaT, unfortunately this didn't solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this . I now can get my library books after a long fight.

LD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to try this but I don't understand what "using an Overdrive ID" is? I had Overdrive years ago but my newest Kobo doesn't let me download apps so I haven't used it in years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "with overdrive as my new ID" mean?

I tried all the methods listed in this thread with no luck. I've given up on Kobo and am reading library books using Libby (an Overdrive app) on my iPad mini. Most disappointing!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea. I just use my library overdrive/Libby app --
Wyatt Graham
Hamilton, ON, Canada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Hours wasted on trying to fix this issue.  I got so frustrated that I bought a newer version Kobo aftere reading that might be my issue.  Same problem with the new Kobo.  Thank you so much for this info!  One of my kids will be happy to be inheriting my older Kobo now.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you were able to work it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tip about authorizing under Overdrive was pure gold!  I've been fighting with this off and on for ages, but this time, noticing that the first field above email address was a drop down, I was successful under my Overdrive credentials! THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you! I have used ADE for several years with first my Nooks and now with Kobo. I never looked at that drop-down box in the Adobe Authorization screen. Tried the Overdrive acct as you suggested, and now no problem with using my Kobo and ADE. The support people at Kobo and Adobe should know about this instead of all the deauthorizing and rebooting they suggest. Looks like this problem has been going on for awhile, glad I found this support site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. I have an overdrive ID. Did all the reseets, tetries, etc. And in the Settings of my Kobo it still says not authorized with Adobe Digital Editions. I thought maybe the overdrive ID was the problem as it seemed it started when I changed to that? I switched back to my Adobe ID, but now ADE can't import the book from Overdrive! Switched back and still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the Overdrive ID thing with ADE 4.5.11 and a Kobo Glo HD and it worked – with ONE book. But everything I transferred over to the reader after that, using the same steps, FAILED. This is why there's so much waste in the world. Technology advances mean keeping up with new devices all the time and it sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I have spent 3 days trying to figure this out! But, I had to return all of my library books and re-borrow them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done this also, but it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still trying to figure out what it means to authorize "under Overdrive ID." Any help? I tried downloading Adobe 3.0 as others said it helped, but my computer won't allow me to. Adobe Support, why is this so hard to fix?

Note from moderator:

The link does not go to Adobe Support. It goes to a user. The link has been removed.

<a href="https://community.adobe.com/adobe-users/3725774" target="_blank" rel="noopener"></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Adobe 4.5. Seems to work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines