• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is there no product or trouble shooting support directly from Adobe?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple series of issues with my copy of Lightroom Classic CC 10.0.1- it asks to be updated but the 'updates' option is greyed out in the menu.  OK I'll ignore that since I'm busy working.  Now I can't preview .RAF files anymore so I am assuming that its probably an issue corrected in the latest release of LR. OK lets update the software...

OK so I login using my Adobe ID  and search for support.  Then I get the support page - Great.  "How can we help you" Thanks, I select LR.  "What type of issue are you experiencing?" There are 6 options, selecting any one opens a search box for the communities with a number of common searches.  None cover my problem.  Skipping this section and moving onto the next section "Would you like to contact us" Yes, very much thanks.  Except I am prompted to "select a plan, product or issue above".  Err.  OK.  Except that takes me back to a search window.

I have been around and around this loop numerous times.  Is it me?  My machine?  Is my account set up incorrectly?  How would I know?  From my account I can see that I have been paying monthly for my use of LR but clearly that doesn't include any support.  Maybe its time to look for an alternative to Adobe and its 'creative' cloud.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC 10.0.1 is not a valid version number. The current version is Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1. What version do you REALLY have installed? And what Fuji camera model are you trying to import RAF files from. If you can be specific about what it is you are attempting to do then perhaps we can provide some assistance from here on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jim, thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions.

My version of Lightroom Class CC is 7.0.1 and the camera raw is 10.0

The RAF files are from a Fujifilm XH1

What do you reckon the issues are?

Thanks again,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XH1 was first supported in 7.2. So you do need to update LR Classic using the Adobe CC application.

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 09.10.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John,

So I need to update my version of Lightroom Classic CC using Adobe Creative Cloud app.  Except I don't see 'Apps' listed on the left hand side of the top bar.  I have all the other headings.  Do I have to add LR myself?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see in the Adobe Creative Cloud app, Mike? I don't know what you are seeing. But if you are looking at the same thing, you should be seeing Apps listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Here is a screen shot of the CCM with all apps up to date. Yours will be different if you haven't installed yet or if you have an update pending. Does this help?

Try signing out of the CCM by clicking on the gear icon. Then sign back in.... Lr should say Update.

Image result for creative cloud manager screenshots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I quit and relaunched Adobe creative cloud and I still see this - without apps.  Do they appear automatically?

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 16.09.56.png

Thanks for your time, Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you click on Beginner - you should go to the next screen and advance through the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click Beginner it just shows me tutorials aimed at Beginners.  It doesn't take me to another screen.

I am logged in - because I have the option to Sign Out when I click the avatar image.

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 21.58.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your help.  In the end Adobe support were able to fix my Creative Cloud app so I could download updates etc.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know. Product or trouble shooting support directly from Adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikej64335493  wrote

Thanks,

I quit and relaunched Adobe creative cloud and I still see this - without apps.  Do they appear automatically?

Are you logged in? See the icon between the bell and the three dots in the top right. This should allow you to verify you are signed in correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines