Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have few slides which use the Drag and Drop interactions and have following two questions.

1. Is it possible to show separate message for cases such that the user not selecting the answer (Choose an answer msg) and selecting the wrong answer (Incorrect answer msg).  It currently shows 'Incorrect Answer' msg for both cases.

2. One of the interaction slide I have is that user can select one out of four drag sources and there is a one drop target.  It currently allows user to select all four drag sources to target separately but within one try. Is there any way to prevent so that the user can only select one drag source at each try?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

I have a surpise for you, look at my blog post:

D&D Feedback messages - Captivate blog

PosterTweak.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't clearly understand the first question because it is not referring to dragging but to selecting? Are you sure that is a D&D slide? If it is a D&D you'll have to replace the messages by custom text shapes and show/hide them based on Object actions. But I'll wait for your answer.

Second problem: You can set up the drop target so that only one drag source can be dropped on it. You can allow also to replace that unique drag source. You didn't tell if there is a correct answer, if it is validated? To set up  the acceptance of only one drag source you need to select the drop target and use the button 'Object Actions' on the Format tab. In the dialog box, uncheck 'All' and set counter to 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Thanks for the quick answer!

1) Yes, it's a Drag and Drop slide.  I use custom Image Button to show 'Check answer' as 'Submit Button'.  Under the Actions tab, 'On Success' event, I set to show 'Correct Answer' image.  I set the 'That's incorrect for 'Failure_Caption.  ' This failure caption will be displayed when the user drag the wrong source to the target.  My issue is that when the user does not drag any source and click 'Check answer', it does show the same 'Failure_Caption'.  Is it possible to program to show different message if the user does not select the source at all.

"Second problem: You can set up the drop target so that only one drag source can be dropped on it."

Thank you!  Your suggestion worked!

Many thanks to helping me so quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many attempts to dyou have for the D&D? I'm aksing this because the so-called Failure action is in reality a Last Attempt action. It can be used in your case if you have only one Attempt. Need first an answer to that question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set as 'Infinite Attempts'.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means no Failure action ever happens. Makes it complicated.

I have an idea, but want first to test it out before posting. However it will be tomorrow, after midnight here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a surpise for you, look at my blog post:

D&D Feedback messages - Captivate blog

PosterTweak.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help, Lilybiri!  It worked great!

Only thing is that once I drag the wrong drag source to target and received the 'Incorrect Answer', it will show that message even though I don't select any drag source after and hit submit button.  Do you happen to know how to reassign the value for v_failuer after the each submit button is clicked?

Thanks!

Ayumi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested it out with the setup you had. I even have a different failure message for the two wrong drag objects.  I don't understand exactly what you have? If no drag action has been done, the default text appears. When at least one object has been dragged and it was a wrong object, the assigned value of the variable appears. What is wrong? If the user clicks the Submit button again without changing the drag source, the previous drag source is still in the drop target. There has been an action

If you want to reset everything, you'll have to forget about the Infinite attempts but Reset the D&D slide completely. I have several examples on my blog. Easiest way is to add a very shot dummy slide before the D&D and let the Reset button go to that slide. Use teh On Enter action to reset the value to the original one.

If you really want to doit with Inifinte Attempts it will be a pretty complicated advanced action, where you use tracking variables and a counter. Problem is that clicking the Submit button with Infinite attempts CANNOT trigger any action, as I explained. You only have the object actions. If a drag source is on the drop target, and the user clicks Submit again without changing that source, he is re-entering the same answer. That is also the logic of quiz slides, and as a professor I find that a logical design. You seem to disagree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much all your help!  I really appreciate all the details and knowledge you provided for me!

Ayumi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources