• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto adding new subfolders to catalog

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way of getting LR to automatically import a new subfolder of images - without setting up a watch folder?

I've got a single project folder which I've imported into a new catalog - along with all its subfolders.

I regularly add new subfolders to this project.

I can see that I could just use the >Folders >+ to add new subfolders to the catalog.

But it would be easier not to have to remember to do this every time I create a new subfolder.

Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the desired subfolders are named by capture date, then the Import dialog box does this automatically (if you select the proper options).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the response.

My subfolders are not named by capture date. Does this mean it's not possible?

Also, can you tell me where the options you mention are located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if they are not named by capture date, they are named by some text like "Trip to Boston", the Import dialog box allows you to skip the step of excplicitly creating a folder; Import will do that for you (but of course you still have to type in "Trip to Boston")

How to transfer photos from a camera or card reader to Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - thanks again. So I can't be lazy and just expect LR to import any new subfolders in a previously imported project - automatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Setting up a watch folder is the method I would recommend, but you have ruled that out in your original message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines