• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where has the 'Merge Data Files to Spreadhseet' tool gone to.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where has the 'Merge Data Files to Spreadsheet' tool gone to. It is NOT visible in my Acobat 2017 - but was there a week or so ago.  It is something I use a lot when extracting data from .pdf forms.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

I use it all the time with Live Cycle forms.  I have no problem with using it, its just that the link to the function is now missing form Tools in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are in the Forms editor, click on the "More" menu button, you'll find the function in the menu that pops up:

2018-06-04_12-57-43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Karl.  That certainly is one way to find it but I don't use Acrobat forms I use forms made in LiveCycle and until a week or so ago there was a specific tool available in the Tools page.  Also, In the 'Edit' menu there used to be a Form Options > Merge Data Files Into Spreadsheet. I do not know where that has gone to?

Have Adobe removed this in an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This command doesn't work with LCD forms, as far as I know, only with Acrobat forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use it all the time with Live Cycle forms.  I have no problem with using it, its just that the link to the function is now missing form Tools in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Acrobat are you using this with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro 2017. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And which version did this used to work with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tool still works when I find it via the forms editor and if I load a form it then appears in the 'Edit' menu, but it is now missing from the Tools page. It was a purple version of the icon you've highlighted earlier and it was with the other forms tools. I had a copy in my toolbar on the right of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I finally get it: The functionality is still there in the forms editor, but you used to be able to get to it via a different method. In that case, you may want to file a bug report: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Karl.

yes that it correct - and thanks for the bug report link.  I'll try that and see what happens.

Very many thanks again

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines