• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC just too slow

Advocate ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC (I have the latest version in CC) is just way too slow.

I have checked all the "fixes" - run a repair installation, uninstalled cleaned and reinstalled, and while marginally better and less prone to crash, it's still running too slowly.

Windows 10 Pro v1803 build 17134.48

64bit Intel i7 2.8GHz

12MB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dv8kiwi,

As per the issue description mentioned above Acrobat DC is slow to load, is that correct?

Could you try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

2- Go to Edit > Preferences > General, uncheck the option, Show online storage when opening files & Show online storage when saving files > Click OK

3- Go to Edit > Preferences > General > uncheck 'Show me messages when I launch Acrobat.

4- Disable Protected View by launching Acrobat > Edit menu > select Preferences > Security (Enhanced) > select Off under Protected View > click OK, relaunch Acrobat and try again.

Note: disabling protected view is for troubleshooting purpose only, and not recommended. Please turn the feature back on after troubleshooting is complete.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes.

1. Latest version installed

2. Did this, no noticeable difference

3. Couldn't see "Show me messages when I launch Acrobat" option under "Preferences>General"

4. Protected View was already disabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dv8kiwi,

Could you try installing the latest patch for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again?

Also, Open Acrobat's preferences and go to the "Documents" category. Set the number of files in the recently used list to 1 (this will remove all your files that you have recently used from that list) and try again.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines