• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom for mobile - how to import images from iPad LR to LR desktop NAS file structure?

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When travelling last week, I used my iPad by uploading my images through Photos and then imported these into LR mobile to review and edit my photos.  These have successfully sync'd to LR desktop, and appear in the 'from LR Mobile', in a collection named Scotland.  So all seems to be working as expected.

However, this doesn't fit my standard workflow, which is to upload my images straight from SD card to my remote NAS drive in a structured filing approach and then import them into LR (desktop).

Now my files are somewhere on the MAC HD, not the NAS, and I wish to move them to the standard structure.  I cannot see how to do this, and all the tutorials / help I can find on LR mobile seems to be for the reverse operation - how to take main LR desktop images available in LR mobile.

So the upshot - How can I get the NEF files, and edits, in the 'from LR Mobile' location moved to the NAS drive into my regular filing structure?

Thanks for any advice.

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current mobile-to-desktop sync method is garbage.  I regularly give up on trying to keep the edits I've made on my mobile device, and just use a third-party app to sync DNGs to Dropbox, then on to me NAS.  That doesn't copy the edits I've made because LR Mobile just won't create a sidecar regardless of what you do on the desktop - you can't even force the creation of the sidecars on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, TotallyUnstoppable, for your answer.  But, wow, this is not what I expected to hear!  It rather defeats the purpose of using LR mobile to capture and do edits on athe fly. From the LR mobile get started video tutorial, it seems as though you can add desktop LR edits to an image first imported to, and then edited in, LR mobile - but in the 'from LR Mobile' storage.  Surely this cannot be right, as it counters all normal workflows with structured filing on the desktop / NAS?

maybe someone from Adobe LR themselves can jump in and explain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, this should be fairly easy…

Once the files have downloaded to the desktop and appear under the iPad's icon, I create the required folders in my main library's filing structure from within LR's Folders panel. I then just drag the files across into the new folders, again from within LR. This moves the files physically to the new location and preserves all edits originally made on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True, but it also could be easier: why not syncing via NAS instead of Adobe cloud? This would also solve issues with the slow sync speed when syncing > 200 raw files. Unfortunately Adobe does not provide such a functionality yet. And I wonder why...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines