• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assigning different colours in the timeline to each audio track

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: we are using Premiere Pro CC2017 latest Version on a Imac Retina 27 with max ram and Sierra

In my film I have 4 different audio tracks and each has a purpose

Audio 1 is the Voice over track

Audio 2 is the Italian dialogue track

Audio 3 is the French dialogue track

Audio 4 is the Music Track

Is there a way to label each of those tracks with different colours. We need this difference for a variety of reasons (subtitles and more)

In the preferences and labels combo this seems impossible: if I change the audio every audio track changes to the same colour and is not useful to us.

Googling didn't help as it refers to the preferences (as above) hence same colour for all Audio tracks.

Any hints?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this in Adobe Audition, if that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin's got a point. The way the link between PrPro & Audition works is getting closer to the old "Direct LInk" from PrPro to SpeedGrade was than the "Dynamic Link" to AfterEffects. Which is a good thing, to me.

You can go to Audition for your audio editing, and not only have a preview screen of the video but have all your tracks laid out, and color-code to your heart's content. It's very common in sound work, of course. Why it's not in video ... ? ... at least PrPro ... no clue.

And after you've done your audio work, come back to PrPro, now when you go back to Audition for additional work, your project opens in Audition as it was when you left Audition, and you can reset, re-adjust, or whatever any control you worked the last time.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot ... I will try it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines