• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removal of the CPD file in RoboHELP 6

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our project team, we use RoboHELP 6 for production of HTML Help and WebHelp for our customer's product. All source files (project files, topics) are kept under source control. After recent problems with building the outputs, we came to the decision to remove the CPD file from file version control repository. This file grows over time and supposedly does not provide users any added value. After collecting information from various sources (this forum, Adobe support web site, third-party web resources), we now know that this file is redundant to a certain extent.
However, nowhere it is explicitly stated that no project setting is lost if one deletes this file. Project settings in this context include variables, additional single-source target definitions, conditional tag definitions, glossary, TOC, and index.

Does anyone have a definite answer to this question: "Can I safely remove the .CPD file without losing any changes I have made to the default project settings that are included in the RoboHELP 6 installation package?"

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CPD file is recreated if it is deleted. The best answer I can give is that RH8 has an an option to delete the .cpd file automatically when you generate your output. I have never come across any problems from other users because they have deleted the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The option in RH8 is to recreate CPDs on reopening RH. That will apply to each project opened while that setting is applied.

The CPD should not be put under version control.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp