• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some keys not working in Acrobat DC Pro

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user who some letters will not work when he tries to use fill and sign or open a text box.
Specifically E, S, D, I, U and some others.  This happens with the connected keyboard and with his laptop keyboard as well.

The keys work normally in other programs.  Currently as a work around I have him type the info in a wordpad doc, then copy and paste into Adobe.  (This is a major headache as he is a Senior VP and has to use fill and sign several times a day).

Uninstalling and re-installing didn't change anything.  It is on a Lenovo Thinkpad running Windows 10 pro.  This was working until about 3 weeks ago.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Go to Edit - Preferences - General and check if "Use single-key accelerators to access tools" is ticked. If so, untick it and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when they press those keys? Does it switch to another tool, by

any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens.  It completely ignores that key press.  So for example if I go to type my name (Dean) get this
nothing before the a.  The cursor doesn't advance, nothing happens at all.  It is as if we do not press the keys at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit - Preferences - General and check if "Use single-key accelerators to access tools" is ticked. If so, untick it and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! That worked.  He can now use all letters correctly!!!  I really appreciate the quick and helpful reply!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your'e welcome... I suspected that might be it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This did not work for me. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines