Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export en .mov

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

La nouvelle version de première pro ne me permet plus d'exporter en  .mov via le codec H264 .

Quelqu'un saurait-il pourquoi et comment y remédier ?

Merci d'avance !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Hi fanny28,

That format is no longer available for export: Dropped support for QuickTime 7 era formats and codecs

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fanny28,

That format is no longer available for export: Dropped support for QuickTime 7 era formats and codecs

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still export in mov, just use the Cineform mov option.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your answers Kevin and Neil.

I tried to export in cineform but it doesn't work... The settings are : Quicktime / gopro cineform rgb 12-bit with alpha and that's all ?

Why the format is goprocineform ? why gopro ?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have this option:

That's the Cineform MOV option I referred to.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It's weird because I don't have that option. Export.pngExport .png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh ... Vinay Dwivedi​ ... ideas?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi R. Nell,

It seems you have some third part cineform codecs from the past which are providing you this option. For now Quicktime is the only available option and that does not include H.264

Check your Quicktime folder C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTComponents you might have CFHD (Cineform codec).

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's right ... about 3 years ago I downloaded the GoPro Studio app, and it installed stuff I'll bet ... wonder if that's still available somewhere? The codec install, I know they discontinued Studio ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay,

So we can't export in .mov anymore ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No guarantees ... but I think from wandering through the GoPro page, that if you download/install the free GoPro Quik app from here, it installs the Cineform codec stuff I got apparently through the older GoPro Studio/Quik download a couple years back. Which might get the additional option in exporting a Ciniform mov file that I have that apparently is non-standard.

Neil

https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html

Edit: just saw a vid on lynda-dot-com, and yes, download the free Quik app, and it installs what I've had in your computer, and you should on rebooting have the Cineform mov option. Hopefully but not guaranteed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not? Just select Quicktime in Format and go to Video tab and select Video Codec like Animation, Uncompressed, DVCPro etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank's a lot for your answers R Neil Haugen and Vinay Dwivedi!

I shoot with a Canon 600 D videos for youtube.

For an event I will have to shoot, edit and put on line a lot of videos in a short time so I am searching the format the less heavy for the best quality.

I tried your solution Vinay Dwivedi​ but It's the videos are to heavy .

So I think I will use the H264 720 p.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !  these articles are very usefull !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your answers Kevin and Neil.

I tried to export in cineform but it doesn't work... The settings are : Quicktime / gopro cineform rgb 12-bit with alpha and that's all ?

Why the format is goprocineform ? why gopro ?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, our work is often delivered to large meetings (audiences 500-200) and the onsite video technicians always want H264 MOV along with Apple ProRes. This is because the modern format of Mp4 has a high failure rate during playback, unlike the outdated H264 MOV format. MP4 format places a higher demand on video cards, from what I have been told. So, not sure if this was considered when it was decided to eliminate this codec choice from Premiere Pro in the last update, but it is a problem for my shop. If there is any way to reconstitute this codec back into the program it would be appreciated. Cause now we can't deliver what techs onsite want... and we are competing with FCPX users who don't have this problem.

You can say that it is outdated, but it is still heavily used in the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines