Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calling webhelp using URLs

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I've been reading your topic 'Calling Webhelp using URLs' on your website.

I've created my webhelp application on my desktop. When I've tested it, I could able to access the topics with synchronised TOC using the URLs. Its working perfectly fine on my local machine.

Whereas, when I've tried accessing the same topic on a server, the target topic opens along with TOC. However, is not synchronised to the target topic.

I've gone through your snippet 1 and added the step 8 to whthost.js. After this, when I've tried accessing the same page, there is no change in the TOC and also getting an js error 'object doesn't support this property or method'.

Can you tell me what I am missing. BTW, I am using RH x5 and Tomcat 4.1

Thanks
Ravi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried changing the setting in the wizard from WebHelp to LocalHelp?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I've changed it to Local Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear if you had tried that or have just tried it.

Assuming that you have tried it and it has failed, I am a bit stumped. Is the problem just when topics are called from the application?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already tried it still its not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its working fine on my local desktop with sync TOC by using...("/Generate/index.htm#path/topic.htm")

where as, on the server not able to get the sync TOC by using...( http://my ip:8080/Generate/index.htm#path/topic.htm)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry but the known solutions are those on my site.

Are you able to try it on a different server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp