• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing from canon eos 5d mark IV

New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom CC and am trying to import images from my new camera, the canon eos 5d mark IV.  It says that the previews cannot be read and will not import them.  Do I need a different Lightroom?  Help please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

You need to figure out how to update.  The "2015.4 Release and Camera Raw 9.4" you provided mean you are on the CC plan and subscribing to "Classic".  You 5D Mark IV needs "2015.7 and Camera Raw 9.7". 

Normally updating takes place through use of either the Update choice in the Help Menu or the Creative Cloud app that manages your subscriptions.

References: 

Cameras supported by Camera Raw 

Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Good luck!  Post back when you get it working!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Help and About....

Take a screenshot and post it like this so that the version number can be read.

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC

Mine says 2015.4 Release and Camera Raw 9.4

Is it because I don't have the Classic CC?  I think I have updated mine but this is what it keeps saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to figure out how to update.  The "2015.4 Release and Camera Raw 9.4" you provided mean you are on the CC plan and subscribing to "Classic".  You 5D Mark IV needs "2015.7 and Camera Raw 9.7". 

Normally updating takes place through use of either the Update choice in the Help Menu or the Creative Cloud app that manages your subscriptions.

References: 

Cameras supported by Camera Raw 

Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Good luck!  Post back when you get it working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help!  I got it all working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect!  Thanks for getting back with a report of success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I that I have imported my pictures, they show up in lightroom but say that the file cannot be found!  When I put the memory card back into the computer, they are there, but only then.  I'm figuring I am missing something obvious, but haven't figured it out yet.  I have this beautiful new camera and I keep struggling!  ugh!!  Please help again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you picking "Copy" during the Import from your beautiful new camera?  The image files have to be moved to somewhere on your computer and registered there in Lightroom Classic.  Files are never moved "into" Lightroom Classic.  They are moved or copied to your file structure and only the location is then recorded by Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines