• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Save as" ruined my entire project.

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I spent almost 4 and half hours editing a movie project that my colleague needed as she did not know how to edit a video. Once I finished the project, I went to go click "save as" and it froze. I was skyping my colleague all throughout and she was delighted when I had said I was able to finish and that I just need to save it to send it to you. That didn't happen though. What did happen is that it made my cursor stuck in the loading animation, so I decided to leave it there for about 2 hours. Even after waiting that long nothing loaded up and I was forced to force quit through task manager. After loading it again nothing was saved and all my hard work was gone. Why is this a thing where something as simple as saving a project can cause such a major issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have autosaves. Your Preferences settings will show you where the path is.

If you have cloud sync turned on, you may have a copy in the cloud. Look in the Cloud desktop.

Are you saying you did not save during the time you were editing? The last version should be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug from 2017.1.2 all the way to 12.1.1 that happens occasionally when some action triggers the open or save file dialog.

You might want to wipe your premiere settings inside your Documents folder to temporary fix this issue.
You can see the bug in the Taran's feature requests and bug reports for Premiere. Unique ID 508

Taran's feature requests and bug reports for Premiere and After Effects - Google Sheets

If you are lucky you might restore most if not all of your work from the latest auto-save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem happended to me - twice today - "save as" do certainly not function in this version. Only in my case the project didn't freeze, the screen just went to black, and when reopening the project, it was all gone. Auto-save was on, so half of the project saved - the rest ruined.Tried three times - save as ruined the project all three times.

I have never experienced this problem until now with the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I had the SAME issue today while editing a important video that had to be shown at the end of shooting for 8 hours! About an hour into the edit I had made some transitions and moves so I clicked "save as" and the screen went totally black. I could see the windows navigation buttons, (close, minimize,resize). Just as you all have said I opened then file and nothing at all was saved. Thank God for the auto save feature! So for now I just click "save".

I hope that Adobe fixes this issue soon. I am sure that I will accidentally click "Save As" but lets hope I don't! If anyone else finds a resolution, please let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did this issue happen when you clicked the menus File > Save As, or after you renamed the project file and clicked Save?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Menu -> file -> save as

On Tue, May 29, 2018, 2:33 PM Kevin-Monahan <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any update on the "Save As" issues? I am still experiencing the issues on both my brand new laptop and my desktop that I updated to Premiere Pro CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines