Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every 3rd Page with a Different Master

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So, without making my Discussion title much longer, here is the task I have at hand:

1. As the title suggests, I need every 3rd page in my 3000 page document to have a different master as follows:

Page 1 - Say "Invoice" with the current page number.

Page 2 - Also say "Invoice" with that SAME page number

Page 3 - Say "Packing Slip" also with the SAME page number

So, the final document would flow like this:

Invoice 200 (page 1 in doc)

Invoice 200 (page 2 in doc)

Packing Slip 200 (page 3 in doc)

Invoice 201 (page 4 in doc)

Invoice 201 (page 5 in doc)

Packing Slip 201 (page 6 in doc)...

and so on...

If you could help me with a script for this I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

-Andy

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link below is to a script that allows you to apply master pages in intervals............works great!

adobe indesign - How to apply a master page to every Nth page? - Graphic Design Stack Exchange

Regards

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the link. I've used this script before and it's very handy. However, notice that my page numbering needs to be in sets of 3, so applying master pages to every 3rd page solves only part of the equation. So, any ideas on how to do that?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy,

I've used this script to apply specific master pages to different intervals.

for instance......in a 30 page document I can apply master "B" to to every fifth page by setting the first page to page 5 and the interval to 5.

regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

I've used the script in that way also, and it works great. But again, my challenge is creating sets of pages that follow a series, such as 3 page 1's, 3 page 2's, 3 page 3's and so on... hope this makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm probably missing something here, but each page in the document has both an index and a name. You can control the name in the Numbering and Section Options panel, so that you can have three pages named "1" at the beginning of the document. But the index is the position of the page within the document, starting with 0. So app.activeDocument.pages[1] is the second page in the document no matter what it's been named.

Sounds to me like you need to apply one master to pages 0 through 2, and a different master to pages 3 through 5, etc.

Is it more complicated than that?

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines