• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to type certain letters when filling in a form

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on a Windows 10 Laptop with a UK keyboard.

When typing text to fill in a form, pressing many of the letter keys on my keyboard doesn't have any effect.

Below is a screenshot of me trying to type all 26 letters of the alphabet in alphabetical order. As you can see, only 1/2 those letters appear

My keyboard is working fine, and this problem only surfaces when using the Reader program on the desktop. There is a browser version of the program - i can get all letters to appear there.

Anyone else knows how to solve this? I currently have to type each field into MS Word, then copy and paste to fill in the form. It's rather annoying.

Thanks all

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

I recently solved a similar problem for someone else... Maybe it's the same situation here.

Go to Edit - Preferences - General and check if the "Use single-key accelerators to access tools" box is ticked. If so, untick it and try it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a full window screenshot? This doesn't look like a form field in a Reader...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, sure, here it is. I've tried typing out all the letters of the alphabets again - same issue.

I'm using the 'Add text" feature in the  'Fill and sign' tool. It's what appears when i double-click on any field in a regular (ie not fillable) PDF.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this @try67?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently solved a similar problem for someone else... Maybe it's the same situation here.

Go to Edit - Preferences - General and check if the "Use single-key accelerators to access tools" box is ticked. If so, untick it and try it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You made my day! Fixed and thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it solved my problem as well

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP

I have an issue some letters don't appear when i'm using facebook and google search including the enter button

Any ideas would be very much appreciated

Please help me someone 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not a issue of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines