• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you change the sending email address for sending documents?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've looked everywhere for an answer to this, but can't find one. Two people have asked before but with no proper answer.

I'm sending documents to a client for signature, via Acrobat. But I don't want this document to come from my personal email address, which is what I'm signed in to Adobe products with. I want it to appear to the client as coming from my work email address.

I've tried a few things and nothing I do changes where the signature request comes from. It's always the account email address.

Anyone have any ideas?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually just gone to the extent of changing my Adobe account email address, and it still sends from my personal email address???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has nothing to do with the email account associated with your Adobe account.

It uses the account you have set up in Acrobat, which you can change under Edit - Preferences - Email Accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried that! Added work email, made work email default address, did a test document send again, and it's still coming from my personal email address.

I must be missing something somewhere. I shall now start going through every tab in the preferences menu one by one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just changed all details in the identity tab, did test send, everything still coming from personal email address.

Technically Adobe shouldn't have that email address on its system any more! Where is it getting it from??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. Maybe it's using the default email address on your computer? When

happens if you enter this into the Run command of Windows:

mailto:test@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm on a mac... is there an equivalent?

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

I've just uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat, hoping it would maybe reset things, but no, still defaults back to my personal email address.

The only thing I can think is that my personal email address is what I log into my Apple ID with... but would Acrobat really be overriding all Adobe account details and defaulting to that??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm not sure how to do that on a Mac... Maybe through the Terminal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, command doesn't work in terminal. But to be safe I've changed the email address associate with Mail (although have never used this).

I've also changed password with Adobe, in case that would push through changes to apps, but no luck.

The only thing I can think might be going on is if it takes a few hours for an email address change with Adobe Online to filter though to apps. Would that be likely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. Are you using Adobe Sign, by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not intentionally, but it seems that Acrobat sends a document for signature via Adobe Sign. I've just plain sent a document, not requiring a signature, and it sends from the correct email address.

But if I require a signature, it sends from the wrong one. And it sends via Adobe Sign... have just gone to adobe sign website, and it's showing the updated Adobe account in the top right hand corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it might be a setting within Adobe Sign itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking into that now. Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines