• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.chm from RH7 will not work --address not valid

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I am having a problem with my compiled html help file from Robohelp 7. It seems to compile fine, and I can view it with no problems on the pc where I have have RH installed (Vista). But when I copy it on to a different machine, it will not open properly. First, I get a security warning, which I don't remember getting in the past (shows up as unknown publisher). Then, I get the basic layout with my full table of contents, but the default screen shows up as "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled". If I click on other pages in the table of contents, I get "The address is not valid".

Any help would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009
Hey there

I think it's a button labeled Unblock.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robo Lucy and welcome to the RH community.

Would the CHM be placed on a network drive on the other PC? If so, there is a MS Security Patch that renders them next to useless unless they are located on a local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the quick reply. No, I was just testing the file from the desktop, and others at work have tried it from their machines as well (either as called by our software, or standing alone). It used to work fine -- versions compiled a few months ago open with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the file on the other PCs and select Properties. Look in the bottom right corner. Deselect the check box.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

I think it's a button labeled Unblock.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That solved it! THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp