• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 Auto publish errors

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When does RoboHelp turn the topic from a word document to an HTML file? We are having issues when trying to auto publish, the system is turning the topic to a txt file and failing to publish. However when we manually publish the project the topics come over?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009
Thank you very much I will try and see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Egh? You are in the RH for HTML forum but talking as if your project is a RH for Word project as you seem to have Word documents in it.

Also what do you mean by auto publish, publishing from the command line?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct we import the document as a doc first and than it changes the document to an html format. When we are trying to publish from the command line is when the publish is failing. When we are checking our config manager tool it shows these are all failing as a txt file but the topic is stored as html so I'm a bit confused

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are we now as you seem to be publishing as WebHelp Pro output to the RH Server. Is that right?

First things first. If you import a word document, the import process converts the .doc file to a .htm file. Try generating WebHelp output as tell us if that works. If not, I'd start by looking very carefully at the word file you have imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the meta tags and see if there are two lines, one indicating the file was created by importing from Word and one naming the doc. Delete those and try again.

Beyond that I cannot help you. I haven't worked with command line publishing.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you very much I will try and see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp