• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I export / import the blank face lip synch layers?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to do a simple animation of a company avatar (a chat bot character) and I;d like to reuse the mouth lip-synch objects/layers from the blank face instead of redrawing/recreating the objects and layers...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Go into the sample puppet of choice and find the “mouth” layer in the artwork file. Control-e brings up the editor when in rigging mode (On Windows). Copy the mouth layer (with all the sub layers) into your artwork File under your head (the layer structure matters - stay close to the samples as a guide).  Character animator should auto tag it from there (the samples use the right names for everything).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into the sample puppet of choice and find the “mouth” layer in the artwork file. Control-e brings up the editor when in rigging mode (On Windows). Copy the mouth layer (with all the sub layers) into your artwork File under your head (the layer structure matters - stay close to the samples as a guide).  Character animator should auto tag it from there (the samples use the right names for everything).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you Alan....

How do I resize them to fit the avatar? They are much too big.....

(I'm new to both Ps and Ch)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a photoshop expert. In illustrator I make all the layers visible for mouth positions, select the mouth layer, then use the normal drag and scale tools to get them the right size and location. (If I don’t make the layers visible first, it only resizes the visible ones!). scaling or resizing is pretty common stuff, so search the web - I am sure you will find a nice little tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines