Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Separate head and body movement

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

All of my previous puppets have long necks so when the character moves there head the body follows nicely.

For my latest puppet there is no visible neck due to the long chin so I have to make a choice of an independent head with no body movement that shows the neck or a joined puppet that tilts the head with the body following.

Is there a way to get the best of both worlds?

Many thanks,

Ian

Independent Head

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 11.55.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-07 at 11.54.07 AM.png

Joined Puppet

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 11.48.44 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

nice artwork! You can use sticks along the edge of the chin to reduce warping, and along shoulders, but you need to decide if that warping is too much. I suspect independence will work best here (with a bit of a neck drawn as part of body to attach head to based on pivot point. There are a few tricks like lowering the head position strength to keep the head from moving away from body, and working out the right attach point. You might put a dragger on the neck to move the body around. But overall

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nice artwork! You can use sticks along the edge of the chin to reduce warping, and along shoulders, but you need to decide if that warping is too much. I suspect independence will work best here (with a bit of a neck drawn as part of body to attach head to based on pivot point. There are a few tricks like lowering the head position strength to keep the head from moving away from body, and working out the right attach point. You might put a dragger on the neck to move the body around. But overall I think you are thinking about things the right way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines