• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Performance issues with premiere pro

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, i'm pulling my hair out with premiere right now and am hoping i can find some help here!

Premiere seems to be running extremely slow and constantly crashes or "does not respond". Sometimes its while running play back, sometimes on importing media etc..

I shoot mainly 4k on the EVA-1

My computer specs are as follows...

Windows 10 Pro

Processor: Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2,10GHz (X2)
RAM: 32GB
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M4000

running premiere directly from a solid state drive which is about half full.
My projects are kept on a 24TB G-RAID Studio XL which is in a raid configuration designed for performance. Connected via thunderbolt 2.0

I do have my scratch disks set up to a separate internal drive also.

latest version of premiere cc installed

I feel like my computer is more than adequately speced to handle the footage im shooting but im constantly having to reboot.

Any thoughts? 😕

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Use Cineform proxies for that media.  Report back.

Work offline using proxy media |

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, looking things up, that's a very slow pair of 6-core CPUs. If you're working long-GOP media from that camera, that media needs fast cores with typically 10-12 GIGs of RAM per core. So even with the total number of cores, it might be slow to process long-GOP stuff.

If you're not using long-GOP, there still might be issues as that camera can kick out media at 150Mbps or better ... which is great for the looks, but a ton of bitrate for playback. So which codec/settings do you use?

You like the camera, btw? Some I've seen have been blase, but some seem to love it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know! I was told these CPU's were great 32 cores in total, i obviously would benefit from more ram here!

As for the camera, I love it!

Coming from the Sony FS7, the size is much better and you really cant complain about Panasonic's color science

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Cineform proxies for that media.  Report back.

Work offline using proxy media |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, trying now! Im not familiar with using proxies. can i still maintain a good workflow when using dynamic link with After Effects? 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to test that out.  I don't use AE all that much any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be able to. I don't do a ton in AE, mostly EG stuff, some other things. Haven't had any problems.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was pretty much the solution i think!

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines