• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table of Contents Tab in Pod

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to RH8 last week. I am working my way through the new and interesting (sometimes perplexing) features. I have been unable to find help with this issue by searching the forum.

I prefer to work with the table of contents (TOC) tab always displayed for a number of reasons that enhance my productivity.

I know how to display the TOC tab., However, each time I close and reopen the project, the tab is hidden. That is, I have to display the TOC tab each time I open the project. This adds a number of clicks to my day.

Is it possible to display the TOC tab automatically (at least make it available) when the project opens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cal,

With the TOC pod showing, go to File > Environment > Save Environment.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except for some reason, it doesn't load that by default when I open RH8. So now I'm confused...

But I'm using the trial version, so maybe the fact that I get the serial number screen first is somehow causing the default environment to load instead. The RH8 help says that it will load whatever environment you were using the last time you closed RH, which is what I expected. Give what I suggested in my previous post a try and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is like topics, they all close when you close a project, so does the TOC.

I've tried a few quick tricks and none seem to hold.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The strange thing is that this works in RH7. I have an environment saved that has the TOC/index/glossary pod open, and it loads correctly when I open RH7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want strange? One of the things I tried was to add the TOC pod to another pod. When I closed and reopened RH8, it had gone. Then I opened RH7 on the same machine and there was the TOC where I left it in RH8.

I suggest a bug report.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help.

I have posted a bug report as Peter suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've reported it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp