• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro (CS5) not overwriting projects with saves

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started a new project.  For some reason, every time I try and save it tells me there's an error and I'll have to use "Save As" to select a new destination.  If I choose the current project it tries to save but then tells me the same message.  If I choose a new file name creating a new project then the save goes through.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you ask a question you need to provide some basic information

-Forum quick start https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5601

Mac or Windows, and EXACTLY which version of the operating system?

Recent Mac AND Windows operating systems have been known to cause "odd" problems

Are you using a computer Administrator account with full read/write permission?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  WIndows 7 Ultimate is my OS
I am an Admin but I don't recall that ever being an issue before.

Thought the issue might have been a recent piece of freeware.  Took it off and it resolved some non-related issues but APP is still having it's save issue.

This is a recent thing in the last 3 days.  Prior to this APP has worked correctly for years (the occasional crash notwithstanding)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions for your specific program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No difference.

Save and I get "An unknown error has occured while saving the project.  Select 'Save As' from the File menu to save the project to a new location".  Also when I shut down I usually get a crash message although they load up fine.

I'm not sure the problem is with APP or overall as my computer's running a bit slow and I've had trouble with my printer and picture file viewers as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines