• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table cell Borders not appearing

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2009 Feb 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a basic table style. I want a header row that has shading, with headings in bold and centered. When I create a table style, this is no problem to set up.

I want the rows underneath the header to all have plain black 1-pixel vertical and horizontal borders. When I edit the table style, it lets me have vertical or horizontal borders, but not both. If I select to have horizontal, it puts them in. Then if I select vertical, it removes the horizontal. When I click on Whole Table, it doesn't change. It doesn't apply the borders to all the cells.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me!

Thanks,
Kathleen Baine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all the cells but not the whole table. Put the cursor inside the top left cell A1 and drag down to the bottom right cell but do not go outside that cell.

Then go the table border icon and select all borders or go to Borders and Shading.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works when you are in a table in a topic, but not when I'm in the .css trying to change the style. I created a table style, but when I select All Borders, it doesn't put black lines on all the cell borders - just vertically or horizontally, but not both.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH are you using?

Please post the style definition.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH 8. The table style is one I created myself in the CSS. I get the borders just fine for the header row, but the table rows are the problem.

I call it BasicTable. Its properties in the .css are:

Apply formatting to: Whole Table
Font Arial. 10 pt.
Border: solid. 1 px. All Borders.
Align Left.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This process is not intuitive.

Try this to understand how it works.

With Apply formatting to: Whole Table, change the border colour to red.

You will see just the border for the Whole Table change, that is the outer border.

Without exiting the editor, change "Apply formatting to" even rows. Note the colour picker will change and so will the border size in the Border controls. Change that to what you red and 1px as well, now do that for for odd rows.

I think by now you will be getting the hang of it.

Post back if still in trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I tried that before and it didn't seem to work. I tried it again just now, being sure to click Apply, and it worked.

Thanks very much for helping me with this.

Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp