• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippets not displayed in Topic (Design View)

Participant ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RoboHelp 7.0.2.

This "snippets" problem started a few days ago. I use the same 2 snippets in about 100 topics. Suddenly, the snippets stopped getting displayed in the topics (Design View). I don't see the snippets even when I click the eye glasses icon for a preview.

However, if I switch to HTML View, the code does confirm that the snippets are there.

This problem started happening around a few days after I started having version control issues with RH. My project is version controlled (Sourcesafe) so I have always checked in/out topics for working. But nowadays, after a few hours of RH being open, it just messes the version control part. That is, it will not let me edit topics that I have checked out myself telling me that the file is already checked out. And at times, it won't even check in my files.

I thought maybe my RH install is corrupt so I just reinstalled RH (7.0.2). However, I still cannot see the snippets. Not sure about the version control part since I haven't kept RH open for a long time.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you happen to rename the snippet? I'm having this same problem, and I'm wondering if it has to do with my renaming it.

My topics are also showing that the snippet is there, but they are not displaying. I'm going to try a few things. I'll let you know if I come up with an answer - unless you figured it out already.

Thanks,
Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The issue that I am having is that when I renamed the snippet, only two topics accepted kept the snippet and allowed it to remain (with the new name). The other 100 topics showed that I had a snippet (even though you couldn't see it), but in the tooltip, showed the previous name I named the snippet. I went back to the snippet and renamed it back to the old name - which oddly this time, the two topics that were accepting the snippet as any name, did not take and the snippet was there, but would not appear.

I guess this is a little glitch in the renaming snippet function. I can't think of anything else??? Anyway, I kept the original name (although, another odd thing is this isn't the original - this is another one I changed it to) and removed the snippet that wasn't appearing from the two topics and reinserted it again. I guess it's better than reinserting it 100 times.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Thanks,
Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp