• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Creative Cloud installer hangs on initializing installer

Explorer ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having trouble installing Creative Cloud. Fresh Windows (newly formatted) 10 build and worked perfectly on Windows 8. Download installer from Adobe site but gets to 5% and hangs (see screenshot). Have given it an hour or more but never moves. Followed above procedure, but only change is it now asks me to login first.

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Oops ... that was my bad about performance. Turns out I had "network discovery" off on my new machine, so wasn't able to get to my NAS where files were stored...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Branched out as a new thread)

Hi Sfmike99,

As you have mentioned you are unable to install the Creative Cloud desktop app as it is stuck at 5% and you have also performed some troubleshooting steps to resolve it , however the issue still persists.

Could you please let us know if you have any anti-virus, system firewall, system optimizer, internet or browser security software installed on your machine? These apps can cause the Creative Cloud desktop app to stop working, specially a system optimizer software.

I would request you to turn off these apps for the time being and then use the direct download links given here: Download Creative Cloud desktop app   , to download and install the app.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani,

Yes I tried all the steps listed in the previous thread. I am using just the included Microsoft security tools, but disabled the firewall with no change.

When I download the package using the link provided, a different install screen pops up which goes to approximately 2% then disappears. No sign of CC in my installed or running apps.

What I'm trying to do is install Lightroom Classic CC. I found this link for direct download, but that fails with yet another error:

Your help is appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar trouble.

Just fixed it by removing the following folder :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE
  • C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeApplicationManager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and removing these folders almost resolved the issue for me, only now it gets stuck at 100%. Just did a bit of research and it looks like this problem has been around ever since Creative Cloud was released/mandated and has never been definitively resolved. What a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing folders didn't help me, and I never got any indication that CC was even partially installed. Strange - this is a two week old install of Windows 10 Pro on an old Dell i7. However my new computer is arriving today so I'm going to give up on this one and will post if it's still an issue.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same problem as you with it freezing at 100% after getting past it freezing at 5%. I closed out the install dialog from the task manager, went to the start menu and launched the Adobe Creative Cloud application. Seeing as the install didn't finish, this brought up a dialog that gives you the option to repair. Doing this started a new progress bar. I left my computer at this point, and when I came back 10 minutes later the Creative Cloud application had finished installing. Entered in my login info and it was running fine at that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's year 2023, and the said problem still exists... Whats up dev team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We hear you!

Do you mind sharing more details around the issue your are facing? Sharing a screenshot would also be helpful.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Telen33251527m2sy 

the cc app hangs during install, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Sfmike99, it seems that the internal folders related to Creative Cloud could be corrupted hence please follow the steps given in the following thread to manually remove Creative Cloud desktop app from your machine: Photoshop Installation Failed ,

After this using the direct download links download and install it again and share the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After fresh Windows 10 install on my new computer, CC and LR Classic both installed without issues. Performance though is shockingly bad with this version (7.3.1) - takes minutes to open and edit a photo. Sigh...the fun continues on another thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops ... that was my bad about performance. Turns out I had "network discovery" off on my new machine, so wasn't able to get to my NAS where files were stored...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a few hours of trying things, this worked for me.

I CREATED NEW USER FOR WINDOWS

I DELETED ALL MY ADOBE FILES FROM MY COMPUTER (not PSD’s and work files, just the installation filles located usually in C:\ )

I USED THE ADOBE CLEANER TOOL  https://helpx.adobe.com/ro/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

RESTART MY COMPUTER.

EVERYTHING WAS BACK TO NORMAL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines