• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR crashes as soon as I try to eject my camera card?

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update, every time I import into LR Classic then attempt to eject my camera card, LR crashes and goes to "not responding)

I have tried different settings in preferences.

My card reader is not the issue, I can use it to copy the picture files to the computer and eject with no issues, it is only when I import with LR

Since this update, LR is chewing through as high as 12 gigs of Ram and as high as 25% CPU when it is running. WHY??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic CC 7.4

This issue has been fixed in this update. Lightroom Classic 7.3: Unresponsive after Eject SD Card/USB Drive | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Here's a list of what's new in this release: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi louised43358484,

Sorry that Lightroom 7.3.1 is crashing after you remove the camera card from your computer.

The above issue has been identified and our Engineering team is working on a fix. Please refer Lightroom Classic 7.3: Unresponsive after Eject SD Card/USB Drive | Photoshop Family Customer Commun... for more information.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experience this issue and it's driving me nuts. But more importantly: I really cannot understand how such a critical bug (it totally disrupts my workflow) takes so long to fix.

It's has been reported and acknowledged more than two months ago now. Makes me feel like you really don't care about your customers.

Gijs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as the time element goes, deal with it. In the meantime, in the Lightroom import dialog uncheck the option to eject the card after import. Then, don't manually eject and remove the card until you close Lightroom after completing the import. No, it isn't as convenient, but it will solve the problem until the problem is fixed. You can still work with images immediately following the report. Just leave the card in place until you close Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I also run Win 7 and have had no problem what so ever with either the option checked to auto eject after import or not and then manually ejecting the card AFTER the import has FINISHED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then maybe this is an issue unique to Windows 10 users. It is a verified problem that Adobe is working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do DEAL with it. I close Lightroom before ejecting any media as it crashes with hard drives being ejected also

Great that you are not having issues but some of us are still having this issue with Eject checked or unchecked. That was actually the first thing I tried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't mean to offend. Just to verify, have you unchecked the option to eject the card in the import dialog. That does need to be done in order to prevent Lightroom from crashing. At least that corrected it on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JimHess

It is unchecked. I have tried both options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already explained, there is a known issue with import via 'Devices'. Some folk affected by the issue find that disabling the 'Eject' feature helps while others don't.  Please, try the alternative import option listed under 'Files' as shown below. This option uses a completely different code path from 'Devices'. So, should help with crashes you're experiencing.

import-files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian

I tried that today, no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic CC 7.4

This issue has been fixed in this update. Lightroom Classic 7.3: Unresponsive after Eject SD Card/USB Drive | Photoshop Family Customer Commun...

Here's a list of what's new in this release: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last update (7.4) has resolved the issue.

I checked with a camera card and with an external drive.

Thank you for the response and the link to the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it isn't a problem with win 10 - not for me anyway, and I'm using the latest update (on an old computer)!

Unfortunately, I can't really offer any further advice, as I simply do not have this issue! Never had. I think the above advice is the best way forward!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom 7.3.1? As Ian indicated, this is an issue that some (I think many) users are experiencing while others are not. All I can say is that I can replicate the problem any time, or I can avoid the problem any time by not ejecting or removing the card while Lightroom is active. Another way to avoid this issue is to download the images using File Explorer, and then import into Lightroom using the Add option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!! So, I'm 'not at all'! And can't replicate the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great for you. I'm glad. That is certainly an issue that you can't relate to and don't need to worry about. But it is an issue for others of us. And it has been confirmed by Adobe. Workarounds are sometimes an annoyance that some of us have to deal with. Others, like yourself, fortunately did not have to worry about them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Lightroom 7.3.1

Windows 8.1 on Desktop and Windows 10 on the Laptop

All with latest updates.

If I try to eject or safely remove any device it causes Lightroom to crash ie, all external drives, all camera cards. If Lightroom is not running I can eject or remove all of these same things with no issues

The only solution I have found is to:

Import the pictures, wait for Lightroom to convert to DNG and build Previews, then shut Lightroom down, eject the card and restart Lightroom to do my edits. I can work all day with no issues if I leave the card or drive connected it is ONLY when I try to eject it.

It does not matter whether the Auto Eject is checked or unchecked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines