• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create a new presets folder in Develop mode

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over time, I have created some presets that I use regularly. So far they've all ended up in my User Presets file, but it's getting a little crowded in there. I've also tried to import commercially available presets.
In an attempt to get some order into the chaos, I've decided to create some new preset folders. Normally (or up until the last version of LR Classic CC) you could click on any preset and a pop-up menu would appear with the option of creating and naming a new folder. This doesn't happen anymore. Even if I go to the Develop drop-down menu with the option of New Preset Folder..., the window opens, but after ticking and filling out the necessary boxes nothing happens and the window closes. Either the new folder option is kaputt or I have created a load of new folders, but have no clue where they are.

Can anybody offer some enlightenment?
Thanks
Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

See these screenshots:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new implementation of presets in LR 7.3 and 7.3.1 is incomplete and quite buggy.  To create a new group (what LR now calls folders of presets), create a dummy new preset, and in the Group dropdown, select New Group at the top of the list.  Don't delete the dummy preset until you've put other presets into that group, otherwise it will disappear immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John,  but I don't get a Group dropdown—or then I don't know where it is. All I have is Create Preset (which I used to make the dummy) and Import Preset(s)... and the latter does not work. Right-clicking on the dummy preset offers nothing at all in ways of new group.

I am working with LR CC Classic 7.3.1 on a Mac running OS 10.13.4

Sorry, but I'm still stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See these screenshots:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm. Thank you very much.
My bad... was too quick and not observant enough. Should have seen it the first time around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got the workaround to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines