• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost my site, now my email is broken

Participant ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be a CC subscriber and created my website in Muse which I then had Adobe host for me.  The domain name was purchased through domain.com

Recently, my site was pulled down (probably due to me no longer being a subscriber) and when that happened, my email that was associated with the site stopped working.  I contacted domain.com and they said that Adobe needs to update it's MX records for me to point the email back to domain.com but I have yet to figure out how to do this when I no longer have the software and my site no longer exists.  Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Got it working.  I pointed my domain to a wordpress blog (which I had intended to do anyway).  Once that took effect, I updated the MX records on wordpress to point to domain.com for email.  Fortunately I didn't have to deactivate anything on the Adobe side, just needed to have a new destination for everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching the forums said I need to log into Business Catalyst and update the records there.  Problem is that I can't login and I can't reset my password because the email I used is the one that I no longer have access to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who was your email provider?

Gmail is free.  You can create a new email at anytime.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming you have continued to pay for your domain name, (if paid for) ?

If you have the first thing to do is to check your MX record -

https://mxtoolbox.com

If the check does point to Adobes BC servers, then contact Adobes customer support. If it points to another server, or no server, then contact Domain.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it working.  I pointed my domain to a wordpress blog (which I had intended to do anyway).  Once that took effect, I updated the MX records on wordpress to point to domain.com for email.  Fortunately I didn't have to deactivate anything on the Adobe side, just needed to have a new destination for everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines