• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 5D MK iV Lightroom CC Importing RAW Files

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just upgraded to Lightroom CC and when I try and import RAW files it is showing that there are no files there and yet there are over 200 raw files on the camera and Lightroom 5 at least picks them up if it won't allow you to import.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

What exact version of Ligthroom do you have? This camera requires at least 2015.7.

Use Help > Updates to update to the latest version which is 2015.8..

If that doesn't work,  you can download the update from here: Install Photoshop Lightroom

Also, if you're using dual-pixel files, take a look at this Working with Canon Dual Pixel raw CR2 files in Camera Raw and Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Ligthroom do you have? This camera requires at least 2015.7.

Use Help > Updates to update to the latest version which is 2015.8..

If that doesn't work,  you can download the update from here: Install Photoshop Lightroom

Also, if you're using dual-pixel files, take a look at this Working with Canon Dual Pixel raw CR2 files in Camera Raw and Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

i have the exact same problem...I have the creative cloud with latest versions of Lightroom cc, photoshop and camera raw cc on my Mac book pro. When I connect the canon EOS 5D mark IV to the mac with the canon provided usd cable and run the import in Lightroom, Lightroom recognize the camera under DEVICES but show that no photos found.

what should I do? Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many times users think they have the latest update when in fact they don't. If you start Lightroom and go to the help menu and run system info, you can get the exact build number of the version you are running. Or, if you click on the About option in the help menu it will indicate the exact version of Lightroom you are running. Don't depend on the application manager telling you that everything is up to date. What exact version of Lightroom are you running? If you are running Lightroom CC, then it will be version CC 2015.10.1, Lightroom 6 will be Lightroom 6 .10 .1. The system info should show something like this:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim

the current versions installed are Lightroom CC 2015.10.1 and Camera Raw 9.10.1

these seem to be the latest versions so I don't get why it's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried importing from a card reader, rather than a directly-connected camera (Lightroom's import function can be quite temperamental with directly-connected cameras)? If you don't have a card reader handy (I'd get one and use it as a preference), you could, outside Lightroom, copy the files off the card in the camera to a hard drive and then import into LR from the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did with the SD card, it works great but now I am using a compact fash card so it requires a card reader which I don't have.

So, I believe adobe should allow import by the cable - or am I asking for too much?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does allow import by cable, and I'm sure many users still use that method, but over the years it seems to have become increasingly inconsistent and buggy. You could perhaps try a different USB cable and you may get lucky, but personally I think a good quality SD/CF card reader such as this one would be a good investment: http://www.lexar.com/products/card-readers/Lexar-Professional-USB-3-Dual-Slot-Reader.html

Lexar® Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader

The problem is that Adobe have gone on record on their own forum some years ago, saying that bugs which only occur when importing from a connected camera are more than likely to be given a very low priority internally, simply because there's a relatively low cost easy workaround (and which many users would say is safer anyway).

So while I agree that you're not really asking too much, I'm just trying to give you a realistic assessment of the situation, and my best advice would be to get a card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I recently purchased a canon 5d mark iv and have been having difficulty with LR (the most updated version) importing images straight from the camera using a USB cable.  I have already sought help via customer service when I first purchased the camera where I learned I needed to update LR.  I was successful in uploading images a few days ago and now "No Photos" are found when attempting to import.  Wondering if there are updates to this post or if the recommendation remains to purchase a card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't like to see "most updated version". What is the actual version number installed on your computer? Any chance you are shooting dual pixel raw images? Are you saying that when you try to import Lightroom simply indicates there are no images? Can you use your system browser to copy the images to a folder on your hard drive? Then you can use the Add option to import the images to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim.  Thank you for your prompt response.  Here's my system data:

Lightroom Classic version: 7.3.1 [ 1167660 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en-US

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Dual Raw is disabled on the camera.  LR has been inconsistent with this new camera with importing photos.  After many attempts yesterday including restarting my computer, LR repeatedly showed "No Photos Found."  This morning I put the cable into a different HDMI plug on my computer and I can now see the images.  I'd like to find a system that is consistent rather than this concern of getting my images!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you suggested previously, I really believe the best "system" for problem-free importing is to purchase a card reader. They aren't very expensive, and it's a much more reliable method for importing. Another benefit is that it doesn't drain the battery in your camera. I think you'll find that it's a much more reliable way to import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH CARD READERS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't shout.

And what exact version of LR are you using? Please go to the Help menu item then System Info and copy and paste the first 5 lines from the dialog window that comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be very grateful for assistance on the same lines.   I am using Lightroom 5.7 on a Mac Pro.

I import the pics into my computer directly from the card using the USB adaptor that typically comes with a memory card, saving all the RAW images onto my computer in a folder.

When I try and import them into Lightroom it says 'the file is not recognised in the raw format support for lightroom'.

Please tell me there is a solution to this,

thanks Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 5D IV was first supported in LR 6.7 and the current version available by subscription only is LR Classic CC 7.4 available (along with PS) as part of the Photography Plan subscription for $120/year billed at $10/month, but you owe the entire $120/year:  Compare plans | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan

A way to process raws from the 5D IV in LR 5.7 would be to create DNG copies of the CR2s using the DNG Converter 9.7 or newer (current version is 10.4) and then those DNGs but the not original CR2s will work in the older software you have.

The free DNG Converter is available, here:

Adobe software and product updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You.  Problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines