• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos appear warmer after uploaded online

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I edit and export my images from Lightroom 5, they look fine on my computer folder. However, when I upload them online to PASS (online gallery) or social media sites like Facebook and Instagram, they are warmer, more saturated. I've noticed this the last 6 months. What could be the cause of this? I am using the Srgb colorspace. My monitor is calibrated. I am using windows 10 pro, Ge force gtx 960. I used fastStone and they lookperfect. But I beleive the change happens when they are uploaded online.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps your monitor calibration is off (this happens over time) and you need to re-calibrate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I calibrated just a few weeks ago and it hasn't helped. The images are fine on my monitor when I am viewing locally, but, I notice the change when I upload them to any online platform (pass, social media, email.... They appear different on my monitor after that point and on my phone, I've even looked at them from another computer and other phones and they appear just as bad, warm and saturated. My best guess is when it hits online that causes the issues I am seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser or other software is performing the viewing when the photos are online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using google chrome. I use PASS, email, Facebook and instagram. All of them show the very warm/saturated look that does not appear on Lightroom or when I export to my local file folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show side by side screenshots?

I don't use Chrome, but as long as it is (or configured to be) fully color managed, it should display identically to Lightroom. Perhaps you have a defective monitor profile that Lightroom chokes on, but the others accept.

OTOH an application that isn't color managed doesn't use the monitor profile, and will display differently (incorrectly). That's expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post comparative screen shots: we must see the result to be able to formulate a reply thanks . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines