• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio volume level changes i made had disappeared after reopening the project, Asio vs Mme toggling probem ?

Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked all day on my Windows 10 based Premiere Pro 2018 on creating a consistent correct volume levels for all the clips. If it makes any difference this less than a few year old professional desktop computer does not have a soundcard, anyway I used to use Mme device class under Audio Harddrive under Premiere Pro Preferences since I could then also listen to other media and Youtube without having to switch it. However after I found out that the Asio device class setting provides a cleaner audio quality through my speakers i started to use that instead. However if i go to youtube I need to change the Asio back to MMe in premiere pro in order to be able to listen to Youtube and i assume that is normal and others have to do that too. So long story short I worked all day today to adjust the audio levels of different clips to be all in the same level etc and later today once i reopened the project i realized that the volume level changes of the audio clips that i adjusted earlier had disappeared and the volume db levels were off again. Is that because I toggled between MMe and Asio or is it just a Premiere Pro bug again ?? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Neil I tested it and it seems that the changes were most probably saved which is good but the essential sound panel on the right where the loudness automatch setting is indicates that it was not automatched anymore although it was so there's a bug most probably in that essential Sound panel automatch button which did not update meaning it showed l u f is -35 although the loudness was automatched to - 23.... if you can pass it to the team

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be. How about testing it on a short sequence in a new project just for testing it? Wouldn't take but a few minutes, and you'd be able to prove it one way or the other.

Some of the audio hardware settings within PrPro can be ... intriguing ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil I tested it and it seems that the changes were most probably saved which is good but the essential sound panel on the right where the loudness automatch setting is indicates that it was not automatched anymore although it was so there's a bug most probably in that essential Sound panel automatch button which did not update meaning it showed l u f is -35 although the loudness was automatched to - 23.... if you can pass it to the team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can pass this along to the team better than I can, as you have all your details. All I could do would be go to the same place & copy/paste your comments that you've made.

Neil

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend the following for audio mixing.  Don't rely solely on your ears.

https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Computer-Audio/Plug-Ins-%26-Add-On-Licenses/ADO...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you gentlemen.  Have you tried for example the LMn Installer (LM2n) PC download,  and if so what were the results vs listening solely through your speakers ?  Was the difference only marginal and not be distinguishable by the masses really ? I assume the downloads are free, right ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't actually need to install anything.  That Loudness Radar comes included with Premiere Pro.  Do a search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I found it, it just needs to be dragged on the individual clip and then hit edit to see the overall lufs of the clip. On another note, for me having to toggle between asio and mme drivers might actually change the already edited volume on the clips in premiere pro so I would rather just keep it at Asio all the time because it sounds cleaner but since its an exclusive driver on my computer(no soundcard) windows 10,  i always need to change the audio harddrive audio class settings from Asio to Mme in order to listen to youtube or other audio/video files, so to prevent having to change  the audio class setting from asio to mme back and forth all the time, what would be the easiest, best and cheapest solution ? to get a certain model of audio interface hardware or ? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're better off Mastering with the effect at the track level where it can read the entire program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines