• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Ducking: First key frame is not at beginning of audio track

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I use the auto ducking feature in Premiere Pro CC 2018 it won't place the first keyframe at the beginning of the audio music track.  Even though the keyframe is set to the proper level I want, the volume ducks to the set level BEFORE it reaches the first keyframe.  I move the first keyframe to the beginning manually but sometimes this doesn't do any good.  It ducks the volume anyway.  Any suggestions as to what the issue might be? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot of timeline with the tracks expanded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (28).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should make it clear the music plays fine and ducks properly while playing in the timeline but after rendering the auto ducking occurs prior reaching the first keyframe (marked here in red).  Once it reaches that point in the rendered video the sound goes up to the auto-matched level and then the auto ducking works perfectly from that point onward.

Thanks for your reply,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you shorten the audio at the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same thing happens.  Plus, shortening the audio in this instance would defeat the purpose.  I want the music to be prominent until the dialogue starts.  I guess there is always just manually keyframing but again, that defeats the purpose of auto ducking.  I am thinking of just using DaVinci Resolve to add music.  It's much easier to use and I like the color grading/correction workflow (node-based) better.  

Thanks for your help,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines