• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the "create anonymous link" option not there?

Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just signed up for Send and Track but there's no option for an anonymous link.

I'm trying to convert an 8 page PDF to a URL as a free ebook download on my website, so I need an anonymous link.

Any ideas what's gone wrong here?

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 23.27.37.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 23.28.01.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Hello garethj69318025

As per the description above, you are not getting the "Create Anonymous Link" while using the Adobe Send and Track service, Is that correct?

With the recent updates, the Name is changed to "Create link" and the functionalities is same. You can choose the "Create Link" option and can create an anonymous link.

For more information, you may refer to Using Adobe Send & Track You may also refer to Adobe Send & Track FAQs

Hope this helps and let us know if you need more assistance.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello garethj69318025

As per the description above, you are not getting the "Create Anonymous Link" while using the Adobe Send and Track service, Is that correct?

With the recent updates, the Name is changed to "Create link" and the functionalities is same. You can choose the "Create Link" option and can create an anonymous link.

For more information, you may refer to Using Adobe Send & Track You may also refer to Adobe Send & Track FAQs

Hope this helps and let us know if you need more assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even so, when I create the link and then open it my name is standing on the right side, I wouldn't call that very anonymous...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. So how do I create a link that does not show my name when it is pulled up? Thus, keeping it anonymous?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Bpierce and Mariak,

You have two options when it comes to sharing files:

• You can send an email to a specific person or several people, which gives them access to that file.
  • You can share an “Anonymous Link” that you can publish at will (you can also just email that link to a few people if you prefer). An anonymous link doesn't provide personalized tracking or viewing information.

If you are referring to the Name listed on the  top right corner when a user opens the PDF file through the link which you shared, then there is no such option available to hide the name, as you have shared the link from your account, and the user will be able to see your name.

The link created is anonymous, not the user/admin who shares the link to document with users. For detailed information, refer to Adobe article  Adobe Send & Track FAQ

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources