• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Exported Color Grading Is Wrong

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export a sequence with some color grading going on within a few adjustment layers. However, when I export, the color looks desaturated and very different from what it looks like in premiere pro on the parts where I have graded it. I tried exporting with Media Encoder as well as straight through premiere and have had the same result(except media encoder failed the first time). As I mentioned, there are a few layers of coloring going on, I'm not sure if this would have something to do with it, but it just seems wrong. The output file looks washed out.

Rendered with: PP & ME

Playing back on: Quicktime

My setup:

2017 macbook pro w/ touchbar

2.9 GHz Intel Core i7

16gb ram

Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB

Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 (no updates available as of Jun 10, 2018)

Here is a screenshot from premiere

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 6.53.05 PM.png

And a scren shot playing out of quicktime, within a few seconds on the timeline. notice the orange, blue and reds are all washed out.

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 6.53.10 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

No, there's nothing wrong with the export.

This program exports Rec.709/sRGB media, which is also what it works to show inside the app in the Program monitor.

You're then viewing that file on the worst color-unaware app out there, on a computer that may not be really set to properly show sRGB/Rec709 media at specs.

Ergo, the problem is specifically that video viewer on that screen. Which is why both the dynamic range (light to dark) and gamma are off.

You might try VLC and Potplayer for checking,  a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there's nothing wrong with the export.

This program exports Rec.709/sRGB media, which is also what it works to show inside the app in the Program monitor.

You're then viewing that file on the worst color-unaware app out there, on a computer that may not be really set to properly show sRGB/Rec709 media at specs.

Ergo, the problem is specifically that video viewer on that screen. Which is why both the dynamic range (light to dark) and gamma are off.

You might try VLC and Potplayer for checking,  at least one is cross-platform.

I don't think your screen is a P3, but many newer Macs are, which is also a *very* different color profile than Rec.709/sRgb ... and also difficult to view video properly on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, what's the solution? Surely, there must be a way for someone in X state on YouTube to see what our eyes are seeing in Premiere. How does one achieve that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You give all this tech info but no solution to the problem over an over again.  Try solving it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ssgt.barnes2010,

Sorry! This is an old post. Can you update us on your system and media so we can try to help? These days there are a lot of issues with HDR video. If you can let us know the camera you are using and whether or not you are shooting HDR or not would be enormously helpful. Let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Jamie LeJeune has it right in the following thread from the Blackmagic forums.  He's specifically talking about Resolve, but the idea holds true for all NLEs.  The upshot is, "The only image you can trust is to run SDI out to an accurately calibrated reference monitor."

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68410

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines