• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI Pro serial number not recognized by DC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a registered serial number for Acrobat Pro XI and understand that qualifies me for a free upgrade to DC. However, DC tells me my serial number is invalid. Any help? OS: Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

you're click the wrong link from that page.

acrobat dc is subscription.  you want acrobat pro or std 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you start your install you're prompted for your acrobat dc serial number.  after entering that and failing to find acrobat xi installed, you will be prompted to select xi from a dropdown.  you will then be prompted to enter your xi serial number.

enter the correct number at the correct time and installation will complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not give me the option to select XI. This is what I get after I enter my serial number:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to enter a valid dc serial number to proceed to the next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't make any sense given your response above and my reply. I am not given the option of entering a correct serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you get to the point of seeing an invalid serial number message (shown in message 2)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the steps in your original reply. It does not give me the option you said it would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might note that my original post said I do not have an Acrobat DC serial number, I have Acrobat XI that is supposed to allow me to upgrade to DC. But I can't upgrade if it won't recognize my valid XI serial number as eligible for the DC upgrade.

My original post, by the way, is 3 years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you already have a DC serial number?

Where your DC screen shot says not a valid serial number, are you entering your XI serial number at that point? If so, that will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original question was how to upgrade from Acrobat XI to DC. I clearly don't have a DC serial number because I am trying to upgrade. The actual answer I needed was that owning XI as a stand-alone program did not entitle me to an upgrade to DC, which is a subscription now. Only XI subscription owners got the free upgrade, as I understand it. As my earlier post pointed out, I asked my original question 3 years ago and it would have been helpful to get that answer back then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you were answered in message 1 and your screenshot shows you failed to follow that info.  so i'm not sure why you started posting again.  oye, revived this old thread and i responded to them.

anyway, you don't need a previous version serial number to purchase an upgrade.  so your message 2 screenshot is not from a purchase attempt.

you'll need a previous version serial number to install an upgrade and your message 2 screenshot appears to be from an attempt to install acrobat dc.

and again, to install an upgrade version, follow the steps in message 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I followed your instructions to the letter:

"when you start your install you're prompted for your acrobat dc serial number.  after entering that and failing to find acrobat xi installed, you will be prompted to select xi from a dropdown.  you will then be prompted to enter your xi serial number.

enter the correct number at the correct time and installation will complete."

Those instructions produced the error message I posted, which no one responded to. I posted the difficulty I was having and no one bothered to address it for 3 years, so I moved on. When oye posted and you responded, I thought I would mention that the advice didn't work.

In fact, I do not believe there is an upgrade from a permanent license XI to DC, since DC is a subscription product. I think that was my error. I have not found an "upgrade" link anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you were confused.  and imo, adobe's many products/website/explanations are confusing.

there is a dc subscription version and a dc perpetual/classic license version

and there is an upgrade from xi to the perpetual/classic license dc, but not to the subscription dc.

the subscription dc does not use a serial number and the perpetual/classic license does use a serial number.

your question only makes sense when discussing the perpetual/classic license dc.  and your screenshot is from an installation attempt of the perpetual/classic licensed dc. so that's what respondents assumed when answering your questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I appreciate that all this is confusing and I'm sorry if I contributed to that. However, I have searched repeatedly and cannot find a link to install or upgrade to a perpetual license for Acrobat DC. I would like to upgrade, but I have given up on being able to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the help, but unfortunately those are only subscription plans via that link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're click the wrong link from that page.

acrobat dc is subscription.  you want acrobat pro or std 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you’re welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines