• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon 70-200 F2.8 Zoom Lens Importation Angle

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at a loss why the newest Nikon 70-200 F2.8 Zoom lens imports SOME files at angles in Lightroom and photoshop.  I've tried the lens on two different Nikon bodies D850 and D800.  Happens on both bodies, so it's not the camera.  I've looked at pictures on the back of the camera before importing and there isn't any angle/tilt visible.  Is it a lens profile issue?  Just what? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

While that would fix the problem, it would change other settings I prefer to retain.  The solution was to Turn OFF, the Transform setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're saying the image is not level once imported into LR. Are you applying a preset on Import? Look at the History panel and try hitting the master Reset at bottom of the Develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While that would fix the problem, it would change other settings I prefer to retain.  The solution was to Turn OFF, the Transform setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd for giving me the right direction which was to turn OFF the Transform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transform panel settings aren't applied "automatically" on import of files. You either have a preset selected in the Import module or you've changed your Default Develop Settings to include this Transform setting. BOTH of these can be "undone" to prevent it from happening. If unsure how to do that please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep. It was in a user preset. Deleted the old one and setup a new one.

Thanks for your help.

- Mike -

Sent by Note8, Not Spell Checked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines