• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn off "Microsoft HTML Help Workshop" ?

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2009 Feb 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

First, what is "HTML Help BugHunter" ? Sounds great, so I enabled it without knowing what it is. Now I get the following message:

"HTML Help BugHunter cannot be enabled while Microsoft HTML Help Workshop is running."

Which leads me to my next question: what is Microsoft HTML Help Workshop ? And more importantly, how do I turn it off?? I can find nothing in RH Help regarding this, nor an adequate description of what it is, or what BugHunter is.

Frankly, I don't want anything to do with Microsoft running in any RH project of mine, least of all a "Microsoft HTML Help Workshop" -- this from the grossest junk code generator in the history of HTML.

How do I turn it off, off, off ?

regards,

stevenjs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2009 Feb 24, 2009
Hi Steven

Are you running more than one instance of RoboHelp HTML? I ask because the only time I see those messages is when I open a second instance of RoboHelp HTML.

Microsoft HTML Help Workshop is also known as HHW. It's a free download from Microsoft and it may be installed with RoboHelp. I believe It contains the HTML Help Compiler. So if you are creating Microsoft HTML Help (compiled .CHM format) from RoboHelp, it is unavoidable to use the Microsoft compiler for this.

Not sure of any way...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven

Are you running more than one instance of RoboHelp HTML? I ask because the only time I see those messages is when I open a second instance of RoboHelp HTML.

Microsoft HTML Help Workshop is also known as HHW. It's a free download from Microsoft and it may be installed with RoboHelp. I believe It contains the HTML Help Compiler. So if you are creating Microsoft HTML Help (compiled .CHM format) from RoboHelp, it is unavoidable to use the Microsoft compiler for this.

Not sure of any way to "turn it off off off" other than not to use a second instance of RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, Captiv8r, and thanks. Yes, you nailed it, two instances.

As long as there is an alternative to MS HTML Help (.CHUMP), I will be using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp