• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Visio to PDF Conversion - Blurring Underneath Semi-Transparent Colored Rectangles Used on a Layer for Highlighting

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro XI to convert a large Visio document into a PDF.  In the Visio document, I am using semi-transparent rectangle objects, which are all assigned to various layers, to create a switchable "highlighting" of signal flows. The highlighting layers each appear with a checkbox in the resulting PDF layer selector. When the PDF layers are switched off in the resulting PDF, everything looks great. When a highlighting layer is switched on in the PDF, the highlighting appears, but all the graphic objects, text and lines that are seen though it get blocky and blurry. It's kind of like an anti-alias gone very bad. The larger the Visio document is (in size) the worse the effect becomes. If I place the highlighting layer behind the all the other objects in the Visio drawing, then there is no bluing/blocking in the PDF, but that doesn't work for what I need to do. Any help is very much appreciated!  Everything looks perfect in Visio itself. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone.... Here's what it looks like. Thanks!PDF Highlighting Example.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello daveb13946958,

I've run across similar problems, did you find a solution yet?

Regards, Coen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Coenv****

Thanks for chiming in with your confirming experience too!  I regret that I am still struggling with this transparency-bluring issue. I'm still hoping someone for the community or a representative from Adobe themselves will jump-in and help us out!  Best regards to everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello daveb13946958,

I've found out that, while using a rectangle you get the blurring issues. If you use a thick line, you get blocks in front of your text. it's still useless for me, but at least its different.

Highlight as seen in visio      

Highlight as seen in Adobe Acrobat Pro            

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines