• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Debugging InDesign script in ExtendScript

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to learn to script InDesign CC 2018 with javascript.  I used to do this routinely in After Effects, but it has been years.  I am starting with a sample script SelectObjects.jsx.  It runs fine when I invoke from the scripts panel.  If I make a copy of it and save it with a different name so that it shows up in the User portion of the scripts panel, it still runs fine.  When I open it in ExtendScript Toolkit CC version 4.0.01, I can edit it, but I cannot run it because it get an error on the very first line of the script saying UserInteractionLevels is undefined.  If I set breakpoints in ExtendScript and run it from the Scripts panel, it does not stop on the breakpoints.  Right now I just want to step through the script and watch the variables, but how do I debug a script in ExtendScript?  What I am missing?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Hi,

can you check the drop down list at the top on the left so extendscript to make sure it says the name of the application that you want to debug? (indesign cc 2018)

hope this helps

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can you check the drop down list at the top on the left so extendscript to make sure it says the name of the application that you want to debug? (indesign cc 2018)

hope this helps

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  I just had Extend Script CC selected!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines