• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

disable power zoom

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please make an option for disabling power zoom. when you work with heavy documents, its almost impossible to move around the canvas because power zoom kicks in all the time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you start moving, power zoom should not kick in. It should only kick in if you hold and pause without moving.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gotten into the habit of always dragging the Hand cursor just a little tiny bit as soon as I click/press on the page with it. That "turns off" power zoom for that instance. Then I can keep it pressed and sit there as long as I like, contemplating, and the power zoom doesn't appear.

AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been doing that unconsciously. But I don't contemplate holding the keys. I just look around for a moment

On Jun 13, 2018, at 9:07 AM, AnneMarie :

Then I can keep it pressed and sit there as long as I like, contemplating, and the power zoom doesn't appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's STILL an issue...I can't believe it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Five years later, this is still a issue of timing, @benedictharris

• If you press the mouse button and move your mouse simultaneously, you will pan the screen.
  • If you press and hold your mouse button, pause and then begin to move, you will enter power zoom. 

That said, if you want to log a feature request, or vote for an existing one, please do so here: https://indesign.uservoice.com to make sure that the Adobe InDesign team will see it. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. It helped a lot for me to understand the order of operations.

I agree it's an issue of timing – for me on my 5 yr old iMac, there is a CPU lag between my click and my move, which activates power zoom. On large documents (i.e., 45 pages with tables and linked AI charts and graphs, even set to 'fast display') this lag activates power zoom.

I logged a melodramatic uservoice comment, same day 🙂 https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/33975658-op...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue has been fixed, as of InDesign 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, um, it is also a designed feature. Have you explored all the various ways to adopt a zoom technique? 

1. Use the zoom and hand tools.

2. Use the View menu dropdown

3. Use the keyboard shortcut Cmd/Ctrl+plus to zoom in, or Cmd/Ctrl+minus to zoom out. This is especially useful if something is selected or you have a Type tool inserted somewhere. (My near favorite)

4. Keyboard operation shortcuts like Spacebar-dragging (or Opt/Alt dragging when a Type tool is actively inserted) in order to invoke the panning hand or Cmd/Ctrl+Spacebar+drag right or left to zoom in or out. (My favorite)

What I have always found a little confusing is that Power Zoom is a function built into the Panning Hand tool; not the Zoom tool.

Also, I wish it would wait a bit longer before it kicks in.

For what its worth, after moving onwards and upwards to really big monitors, I find that I zoom and pan less frequently altogether. 

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines