• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QTSC import "file has no audio or video streams"

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to import QTSC in premiere CC 2018. The ''file has no audio or video streams" error message pop up.

Ive tried to update Premiere, clear the cache and reinstall Quicktime. The problem is still there.

I have no problem importing those files in premiere CC 2017 though...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem.  Appears to be a bug with Premiere that has existed for years.  My "problem videos" are the same as other videos that import without trouble, and the "problem clips" import into After Effect and DaVinci Resolve 14 and 15 beta without any trouble at all.

What's interesting is I took the "problem videos, imported into DaVinci Resolve, and simply saved/rendered the video as the same, and I was then able to import the newly saved "problem clip" into Premiere without any trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi prta-pop,

More than likely, you're hitting the following: Dropped support for Quicktime 7 era formats and codecs

You can import these clips in an earlier version of Premiere Pro or Media Encoder as 32-bit formats are still supported for import there. Then export these from there, which will transcode the files to a 64-bit version of the QuickTime codec. You can then import and  work with these files in the current version of the application.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Videos won't upload, and yet we "get" to continue to may monthly for this subscription...fantastic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ShellyN,

Let us know more about your case. Are you also needing the QTSC format in QuickTime?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I don't know what that means.  I've only had PP for a couple months, so I'm still learning...struggling to learn that is.  I've only uploaded videos a couple times, and this time it's not working.   I get an upload error that says, the file has no audio or video streams.  That's all I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Shelly, are you doing what Kevin described, load the files in an older version of PP, then export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What am I missing?  I don't see that he suggested uploading them to an older version of PP.  I only have the one version.  I don't understand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"You can import these clips in an earlier version of Premiere Pro or Media Encoder as 32-bit formats are still supported for import there. Then export these from there, which will transcode the files to a 64-bit version of the QuickTime codec. You can then import and  work with these files in the current version of the application."

Go to your creative cloud application, you will see that you can download earlier versions of the applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines